Operations Manager and Case Manager
Based in: Oxfordshire
Clients: the Midlands, London and the South Coast
PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS & MEMBERSHIPS
- BSc Hons Occupational Therapy
- Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC)
- Safeguarding: Level 3 Designated Safeguarding Officer (DSO)
- Diploma Nanny & Early Childhood Educator
- Diploma Case Management
- BABICM membership
- Case Management Society UK membership
- Advanced Moving and Handling OT
- Vocational Rehabilitation
- Postural and Seating Specialist
- Housing and Adaptations
- Managing Challenging Behaviour
- Accredited Mediator Training
- Early Years Child Development
Nikki has 19 Years’ experience in practice as an OT, having worked with adults and children with complex and multiple needs across the acute rehabilitation and community sector within the NHS and Local Authorities. She moved into private practice in 2007 working in case management and vocational rehabilitation in Australia for four years,
Nikki returned to the UK to work within a local authority Adult Social Care team, working with clients with complex needs whilst taking the lead for seating and posture and advanced and complex moving and handling. Nikki combined this role with a private OT role and an Expert OT role for a number of years, which continued as she then commenced case management working with adults and paediatric clients with catastrophic and life changing injuries.
Nikki has extensive experience working with clients and families with complex care, case management and therapy requirements and can provide comprehensive skilled experienced case management for the following client base:
- Multiple Diagnoses
- Spinal Injuries all levels (Children and adults)
- Acquired Brain Injury all severities – (Children, young adults and adults)
- Complex Orthopaedic Injuries
- Cerebral Palsy (Children and adults)
Nikki is skilled at coordinating care, support and rehabilitation for her clients. Nikki works pro-actively to enable clients to return to work utilising a vocational approach. She has full understanding of the litigation needs in relation to both personal injury and medical negligence claims.
Nikki is adept at multi-agency working and provides an efficient and timely case management service and is fully conversant in relation to benefits entitlement. She can adapt her approach to individuals to gain both their respect and trust. Additionally, she has a specialism as a moving and handling assessor with clients who have advanced and complex moving and handling needs.
Nikki has accumulated vast experience having also previously worked in similar positions in Australia.
Nikki enjoys family life and outdoor activities to include camping, walking, cycling and swimming. She also finds reading, creative writing, crafts and baking relaxing and enjoys travelling both at home and abroad with family and friends.