Based in: the South
Clients: Cornwall, Devon, Plymouth and South of Bristol
PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS & MEMBERSHIPS
- BSc (Hons) Psychology 2:1 University of Gloucestershire
- Diploma in Teaching in the Lifelong Learning Sector
- Member of British Psychological Society
- Member of British Association on Brain injury Case Managers
Claire has 11 years’ experience working with both adults and children with profound, complex and multiple needs across the acute rehabilitation and education sector. She has worked within the Local Authorities and Private Sector before training as a case manager.
Prior to working as a Case Manager, Claire worked in a specialist independent college where she coordinated programmes for people with varied and complex neurological disabilities, including traumatic brain injury. This role provided her with a wealth of experience liaising with families, statutory services, multi-disciplinary teams, completing initial assessments, setting targets and training support staff.
Claire is skilled at liaising with a wide range of community services and health professionals to ensure her client’s needs are met and has an excellent understanding of statutory services, developing education, health and care plans, and adapting educational provision to meet the needs of children and young adults. She is a strong advocate for children and adults she works with and offers information, advice, guidance and expertise to children, their families and carers to ensure her clients’ physical, social and emotional needs are met effectively.
She has extensive experience working with clients and families with care, case management and therapy requirements and can provide comprehensive, and experienced case management for the following client base:
- Profound and complex learning disabilities (children and adults)
- Acquired Brain injury, all severities (children and adults)
- Cerebral Palsy (children and adults)
- Spinal Injuries, all severities (children and adults)
- Visual and hearing impairment (children and adults)
Claire’s work as an assistant psychologist has provided her with excellent knowledge of the practical applications of psychological and positive behavioural management strategies. She has a sound awareness of mental health issues to support clients and their families, in a holistic and sensitive manner. Claire brings all this experience to her case management work.
Claire can confidently undertake the following in her role as a case management:
- Planning, co-ordinating and evaluating interventions for individuals with a complex range of disabilities with occupational health providers, solicitors and insurers.
- Supporting families in crisis and conflict situations.
- Undertaking rehabilitation assessments.
- Reviewing medical and educational provision to provide reports for external services and agencies.
- Managing the recruitment of therapy to carry out assessments.
- Recruit and retain directly employed care and support staff, adhering and complying with regulations such as GDPR, CQC and Employment Law.
- Developing and delivering the training of therapy and support staff to meet the needs of clients including goal setting and continual assessment for rehabilitation progress.
- Monitoring and supporting the transition from family home to a more independent life.
Outside work Claire enjoys a wide range of activities, including sports, travelling, and learning about different cultures. She is passionate about being active, competing in teams and staying healthy. She has represented Great Britain in Underwater Rugby at international tournaments. The teamwork and communication skills she has developed thorough her team sports serve her well in her role as a case manager. She strives to support clients to lead an active and fulfilling life.