Based in: East Sussex
Clients: the South East and London areas
PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS & MEMBERSHIPS
• University of Manchester Physiotherapy BSc (2000).
• University of St George’s Health Sciences MSc (2007).
• Member of Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC).
• Member of Chartered Society of Physiotherapy (CSP).
• Member of Association of Paediatric Physiotherapy Association (APCP).
• Member of Case Management Society UK (CMSUK).
Clare is an experienced paediatric physiotherapist and case manager with 17 years of paediatric experience. She also completes expert witness reports in Care and Physiotherapy to assist in litigation cases.
As a treating clinician, Clare predominantly works with children and young adults providing physiotherapy treatment, assessment, provision of equipment and carer training. She treats children with a variety of conditions, but most commonly children with Cerebral Palsy, Erb’s Palsy, brain injury, autism and hypermobility.
Clare has worked as a case manager for over 5 years, providing support to children, young people and their families following birth injuries or acquired brain injury. In this role she acts as an advocate for children and their families, co-ordinating their care needs and therapies, and making recommendations and sourcing necessary equipment and adaptations.
Clare has extensive experience of working with children and young adults with complex neuro-disability, both as a treating therapist and a case manager. Through these roles she has developed her skills to assess for a variety of equipment including bath seats, shower chairs, wheelchairs, walking frames, standing frames and trikes. This knowledge has been developed through clinical work and as clinic lead in posture clinics. This involved the detailed assessment of a young person’s postural needs, clinical reasoning and prescription of specialist equipment. She has also been involved in making recommendations for housing adaptations for children with Cerebral Palsy who have complex needs.
Previously Clare worked as part of a multi-disciplinary team for over 15 years, regularly providing a high standard of physiotherapy to children and young people with complex neurological conditions. Her main areas of expertise were orthopaedics and posture management.
Clare can provide case management for the following clients:
• Cerebral Palsy (Paediatric).
• Traumatic Brain injury (Paediatric and young adult).
• Learning disabilities (Paediatric and Adult).
• Orthopaedic Injuries (Paediatric)
• Amputees (Paediatric).
Additionally, Clare undertakes:
• 24-hour Posture Management Assessments.
• Management of Adaptations and Fixed / Specialist Equipment Provision.
• Close working with all parties involved including the client, family, independent and statutory bodies and support workers to ensure a coordinated and proactive positive outcome for the client.
• Sourcing independent therapy and care providers to meet the client’s needs and recruiting directly employed support staff.
• Liaison with Education providers and participation in the EHCP process.
Clare is married with 3 children, one dog, 2 gerbils and chickens. Clare is aware of challenges facing busy families and the importance of family’s spending time together.