Based in: Brighton
Clients: London and the South Coast Region
PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS & MEMBERSHIPS
- Royal College of Nursing membership - Full membership: 9310624s
- BACP registered membership: 00925286
- Registered General Nurse (1996)
- BSc (Honours) Psychology
- P.G. diploma in Counselling and Psychotherapy
- M.A. in Counselling and Psychotherapy
Richard completed his adult nurse training at the University of Glasgow and Crosshouse Hospital in 1996. During his time at Crosshouse Hospital, he gained invaluable experience working mostly with adults in both medical, surgical and learning disability settings.
Richard has been a case manager at CCMS Ltd for over ten years. His caseload is mostly with adults who have suffered brain injuries, spinal, orthopaedic and other complex disabilities.
- Spinal injuries all levels. (Adult).
- Traumatic Brain Injury (Adults and Young People) to include Walking Wounded / High Level Physical Functional Difficulties / Cognitive Difficulties.
- Progressive Neurological Diseases.
- Respiratory Diseases / Mesothelioma / COAD / Pulmonary Embolism / Carcinoma.
- Palliative Care.
- Learning Disabilities. (Adults and Young People)
- Elderly care.
- Orthopaedic Injuries. (Adult)
- Amputees. (Adult)
Additionally, Richard regularly undertakes:
- Cognitive Assessments and provides Rehabilitation Support Programmes.
- Relaxation, Anxiety and Fatigue Management.
Richard is responsible for carrying out needs assessments and organising and monitoring support and rehabilitation packages for clients, which includes recruitment and management of support staff and therapists. He is experienced in completing risk assessments; support planning and completing client support needs assessments for clients with acquired brain injury. Other responsibilities include care and counselling for client and family.
Prior to becoming a Case Manager, Richard gained valuable experience working with CCMS Ltd as a Nurse Team Leader where he managed and supported a large nursing team, responsible for the care and well-being of a client who suffered a severe brain injury.
Richard has travelled extensively and has also worked as a lecturer in a Medical University in South America. He now case manages several clients with catastrophic complex injuries particularly those who would benefit from his psychology background.
Richard lives in Brighton which allows him easy access to clients in London and the south coast. He enjoys travelling, and is a certified dive master, which allows him to teach students how to scuba dive in his spare time. He speaks fluent Spanish and has been married for 15 years.