Senior Case Manager
Based in: Kent
Clients: London, South and East Coast all locations around the M25
PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS & MEMBERSHIPS
- Registered Nurse - Children, Nursing and Midwifery. Council Pin Number 95D0378E
- Health Visitor.
- BSc Specialist Community Practitioner.
- Teaching and Assessing in Clinical Practice
- Royal College of Nursing Membership: 1082197
- British Association of Brain Injury Case Managers (BABICM)
Continuing Professional Development Courses
- Clinical Supervision for Supervisors.
- Safeguarding Children Level 3.
- Crucial Conversations (Vital Smarts Training)
- Conflict Resolution Training.
- Risk Assessment and Management.
Rosanna is experienced in managing the following:
- Spinal injuries all levels (Paediatric).
- Traumatic Brain injury (Paediatric to include / High Level Physical Functional Difficulties /Cognitive difficulties /Vegetative state / Minimal Awareness.
- Cerebral Palsy (Paediatric).
- Respiratory diseases - Various to include acute and chronic conditions.
- Tracheostomy / Ventilated children.
- Learning disabilities (Paediatric).
- Orthopaedic Injuries (Paediatric).
- Amputees (Paediatric).
- Severe, Chronic and Life Limiting Health Needs.
- Life Threatening Conditions with Multiple and Complex Needs.
Rosanna is knowledgeable in regard to the following:
- Development of Transitional Goals.
- Statement of Education Appeals (EHCP).
- Discharge of employers' responsibilities on behalf of the client.
Rosanna qualified as a Registered Children's Nurse in 1998 having trained at St. Bartholomew's and the Royal London Hospitals. Post qualifying, Rosanna worked at Guy's and St. Thomas' Hospital on a specialist paediatric cardiology ward and later at the Chelsea and Westminster Hospital delivering skilled and sensitive nursing care to children and young people with a wide range of medical, surgical, chronic and complex needs spanning across the 0-18 years age group.
Returning to Kent, Rosanna undertook a Specialist Community Nursing Practitioner Degree at Canterbury Christchurch University and practiced as a qualified Health Visitor for two years. Passionate about making a difference and delivering skilled nursing care, Rosanna worked as a Children's Community Nurse providing specialist holistic nursing services to children and young people with severe, chronic and life limiting health needs in their own homes and other community settings such as schools and nurseries.
As a health visitor, Rosanna was responsible for monitoring child development and health, offering advice and guidance in regard to parenting and management of child health, particularly the disabled child.
For six years, Rosanna managed, developed and co-ordinated the continuing care team for Children and Young People in East Kent, including undertaking specialist continuing care assessments for children and young people with severe, multiple and complex health needs that have arisen from accident, illness or disability. Key to this role has been the recruitment and selection of support workers to implement bespoke packages of care for children and young people with a variety of life threatening conditions and multiple and complex needs.
Overseeing the training and development of a specialist workforce to deliver safe and effective care has been fundamental to achieving positive and solution focused outcomes. Rosanna is dedicated to life long learning and ensuring that her practice continuously develops. She regularly attends relevant conferences and training to support her in this commitment and is reflective and thoughtful, recognising the value of Clinical Supervision.
A strong communicator with persuasive negotiation skills and a passion for delivering quality and effectiveness, Rosanna will advocate ensuring that the child / young person is the focus for aiming high and achieving enriched life experiences at every opportunity. An empathetic community nursing practitioner, Rosanna has 18 years of paediatric nursing experience and a professional approach.
Rosanna lives in Kent with her partner and son. She values spending time with her family and friends enjoying walks in the countryside and coast. In her spare time Rosanna enjoys socialising, theatre, reading and gardening.